Prime Intention of the Blog

"People without children would face a hopeless future; a country without trees and wildlife is almost as helpless".

I still remember my childhood days when I used to visit Dandeli a place where even my father started his professional career and also where my most of the relatives were staying.Even though I never brought up in Dandeli no one could stop me to go there since it was just two hours journey from my native. And during every visit I used to get the scoldings from my father and relatives since I used to spend most of the time in forests than in house.So as I grown up my visit to Dandeli became very less except twice or thrice in a year since I became busy with studies but always I had in my mind that I should contribute something to these magnificent forests which inspired me a lot to fall in love with the Conservation.So it is just an attempt from my side to create awareness to save these magnificent animals and landscapes they exist in.If this blog contributes in a small way to achieve this goal I will be the most happiest person in this world.
This blog mainly focuses towards conservation activities in and around Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve.This blog doesn't provide any information regarding tourism and its related activities in and around Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve.

Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Leopard trapped by forest officials-To be shifted to Dandeli


                                   The trap was set after a man was hurt

A leopard that was on the prowl in the villages of Metri and Devalapura in Hospet taluk, adjacent to the Daroji Karadi Dham, was trapped by officials of the Forest Department on Thursday night.
Following complaints by village residents that they had seen the leopard moving around, and that Kabber Jadeppa of Metri was injured by the animal on March 10, forest officials immediately laid a trap. The leopard was finally caught a week later.
Injuries
Enquiries revealed that Kabber Jadeppa was attacked when he tried to save a dog that had been caught by the leopard. He sustained injuries on his legs and was admitted to hospital.
The leopard, Range Forest Officer (Wild Life) I. Ravindranath told The Hindu, was a female and was around eight years old.
Going by the behaviour of the leopard after being trapped, he suspected that it might have given birth to cubs, and efforts were on to find them.
He said the leopard had been shifted to the Dandeli forest to be set free. Even the cubs, if found, would be transported to the Dandeli forest, he said.
Kiran Kumar, Assistant Conservator of Forests (Wild Life), Ranebennur, supervised the operation to trap the leopard.

An edited version of this article was published in "The Hindu" and can be read from,

No comments:

Post a Comment