Prime Intention of the Blog

"People without children would face a hopeless future; a country without trees and wildlife is almost as helpless".

I still remember my childhood days when I used to visit Dandeli a place where even my father started his professional career and also where my most of the relatives were staying.Even though I never brought up in Dandeli no one could stop me to go there since it was just two hours journey from my native. And during every visit I used to get the scoldings from my father and relatives since I used to spend most of the time in forests than in house.So as I grown up my visit to Dandeli became very less except twice or thrice in a year since I became busy with studies but always I had in my mind that I should contribute something to these magnificent forests which inspired me a lot to fall in love with the Conservation.So it is just an attempt from my side to create awareness to save these magnificent animals and landscapes they exist in.If this blog contributes in a small way to achieve this goal I will be the most happiest person in this world.
This blog mainly focuses towards conservation activities in and around Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve.This blog doesn't provide any information regarding tourism and its related activities in and around Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Some good news for wildlife on NH 4A Expansion


I was really shocked when i saw a notification in newspaper regarding road widening of NH 4A.Immediately I called up Belgaum DCF Mr.Girish Hosur regarding the issue.But i never expected that i could get such a positive response and good news on this issue to save our wildlife.I have never seen such a down to earth person.The way in which he convinced me was really wonderful.As per the discussion had with him i have been conveyed the information below.

The total length of the proposed road construction is 84 km in Karnataka state.
Out of 84km, 30 km(Belgaum-Khanapur) will be of four lane,but remaining 54 km(Khanapur-Anmod) will be of two lane and that too without road dividers as it makes difficult for wild animals to cross the road because this area falls under wildlife corridor.
So as per the previous proposal around 23,800 trees were supposed to cut down but now only 8000 trees will be cut down so finally around 16000 trees will be saved.
I am really thankful to DCF Mr.Girish Hosur who tried his best to save precious wildlife by opposing a four lane road from Khanapur to Anmod.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    It would be most helpful of the KFD to convince the NHAI not only to fore go the Dividers in this stretch but to also construct Wildlife Under-Passes at strategic locations along Game Trails.

    ReplyDelete