Prime Intention of the Blog

"People without children would face a hopeless future; a country without trees and wildlife is almost as helpless".

I still remember my childhood days when I used to visit Dandeli a place where even my father started his professional career and also where my most of the relatives were staying.Even though I never brought up in Dandeli no one could stop me to go there since it was just two hours journey from my native. And during every visit I used to get the scoldings from my father and relatives since I used to spend most of the time in forests than in house.So as I grown up my visit to Dandeli became very less except twice or thrice in a year since I became busy with studies but always I had in my mind that I should contribute something to these magnificent forests which inspired me a lot to fall in love with the Conservation.So it is just an attempt from my side to create awareness to save these magnificent animals and landscapes they exist in.If this blog contributes in a small way to achieve this goal I will be the most happiest person in this world.
This blog mainly focuses towards conservation activities in and around Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve.This blog doesn't provide any information regarding tourism and its related activities in and around Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

C R Naik-Pride of Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve

Anyone who knows about Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve must be knowing the name "C R Naik" a man with the real guts who nabbed many poachers,smugglers and also famous for his extraordinary research activities with the well known scientists and conservationists of India.
Dream comes True:
For his dedication towards wildlife conservation and research work in Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve,Jumbo Foundation chaired by Former Indian Cricketer Mr.Anil Kumble has selected him for the prestigious "Foot Soldier of Karnataka".He dedicates this award to his mother, a real gift any son can give.On a beautiful evening of April 7,2012 arranged at Chowdaiah Memorial Hall,Bangalore the award has been presented to him in the gracious presence of Mr.Anil Kumble,Miss Kiran Mujumdar Shah- Biocon Chairman,Forest Minister Mr C P Yogeshwar and other senior forest officials and notable conservationists.
Truly speaking I was much happier than C R Naik who is my best friend whom I met two years ago accidently in Kavala caves.From then I am very much impressed for his dedication towards wildlife conservation and made me to think that even such a honest forest guard could be there.


Some of the glimpses are,












For more information on this please follow the links below:

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=TOIBG/2012/04/07&PageLabel=9&EntityId=Ar00901&ViewMode=HTML
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/cities/bengaluru/bravehearts-our-forests-win-jumbo-awards-305
http://desidentity.wordpress.com/2012/04/07/they-are-the-forest-heroes-guards-experts-officials-feted-with-jumbo-awards/
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-karnataka/article3289309.ece

No comments:

Post a Comment