Prime Intention of the Blog

"People without children would face a hopeless future; a country without trees and wildlife is almost as helpless".

I still remember my childhood days when I used to visit Dandeli a place where even my father started his professional career and also where my most of the relatives were staying.Even though I never brought up in Dandeli no one could stop me to go there since it was just two hours journey from my native. And during every visit I used to get the scoldings from my father and relatives since I used to spend most of the time in forests than in house.So as I grown up my visit to Dandeli became very less except twice or thrice in a year since I became busy with studies but always I had in my mind that I should contribute something to these magnificent forests which inspired me a lot to fall in love with the Conservation.So it is just an attempt from my side to create awareness to save these magnificent animals and landscapes they exist in.If this blog contributes in a small way to achieve this goal I will be the most happiest person in this world.
This blog mainly focuses towards conservation activities in and around Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve.This blog doesn't provide any information regarding tourism and its related activities in and around Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve.

Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Elephant found dead near Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve

A male elephant aged around 35-40 years has been electrocuted in an agriculture field near Hudsa village in Joyda taluq,situated along the periphery of Dandeli-Anshi Tiger Reserve.It has been said that the elephant died when it tried to enter into the field by breaking the fence.According to the villagers the death is due to the negligence of HESCOM officials and staff since the electric wires were fell down on several places including the spot where elephant died.Even the forest department officials were blaming the HESCOM people' negligence which has ended in a tragedy.It is important to notice that this is the fifth elephant death in this area in a span of 13 years.Already the elephant population is very less in this region compared to Bandipur,Nagarhole etc ( less than 60) and such types of incidents are extremely vulnerable to their population in this region.

Please find the attachments below for more details:







No comments:

Post a Comment